If the amount consumers spend on hair products annually is any indication, most people care about the appearance of their hair and strive for beautiful, healthy, and sleek locks. In fact, most of them will go to great lengths to achieve the desired look. From professional salon treatments to over-the-counter serums, hair care is big business.
The only problem is that while many people buy the right products for their hair, they forget to follow basic hair care regimens that ensure the health and beauty of their tresses. In addition, many also cause undue damage to their hair by participating in unhealthy hair care activities.
So, what should you do to make sure your locks stay healthy, shiny, and strong? Here are 10 essential hair care tips.
Hair care dos
1. Use the right products for your specific hair type. If your hair is damaged, dry, or color-treated, use products designed to repair that damage and add much-needed shine and elasticity. On the other hand, if you have oily hair, use a deep cleansing shampoo and a lightweight conditioner to keep your hair looking its best. The right products should be the foundation of your grooming routine.
2. Get a trim every 6 to 8 weeks as part of your regular routine. Even if you grow your hair longer, it’s still important to make a regular haircut a major part of your grooming routine. A cut before split ends will keep your hair looking healthy and save you from the headache of hair care in the end.
3. Protect your hair with products that contain sunscreen.
4. Shampoo your hair only when it is dirty. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to shampoo daily. Doing so can make it dry and difficult to work with.
5. Turn to a professional for all your hair care and styling needs. Yes, kitchen and friends estheticians don’t cost nearly as much as putting your hair care needs in the hands of a qualified professional, but they often result in blunders that end up costing you more money than if you went to the salon in the first place.
6. Use professional conditioning hair coloring systems. There are many coloring systems on the market, and the one you choose can have a huge impact on your hair care costs. Simply put: choose a system that causes minimal damage and conditions hair while you color. This will save you money when it comes to conditioning products.
7. Stick to a single chemical service. In order to keep your hair as healthy as possible, ask your trichologist to recommend just one chemical service: color or perm. By using only the perfect service for your specific style and needs, you’ll ensure that your hair stays the healthiest.
8. Add an item. By adding texture to your style, through curling or cutting, you can significantly reduce the time it takes to style and go about your daily routine. And you will look sexy.
9. Choose the hair color that best suits your style. With all the professional coloring techniques available, this part of your grooming regimen has never been easier. From intense highlights to soft color, you can dramatically improve your style with the right technique.
10. Wide-toothed comb when wet to prevent breakage. The only time you should brush during your hair care routine is when your hair is wet or dry.
in the end, hair care It is a very individual and personal thing. Feel free to add your own taste and style to your routine, but remember to include hair care principles that will benefit your hair and avoid those that are harmful to it.