Makeup is used in various fields such as television, magazines, theatre, photography, cosmetics industry and many more. Makeup artists change your appearance by applying cosmetics to your face. They make you look good and feel good. They change your personality in general. They can make you look younger or older. They can cover up your flaws. Thus, this profession is in great demand and is especially popular in the field of television.
If you have decided on it as your career, you must know its pros and cons, and the many courses and schools available.
Pros of being a makeup artist
• You don’t have to succumb to a 9-to-6 desk job.
• You can start your own business or work in a team. You do not need to work under someone else’s supervision.
• You meet different people every day and develop your own network.
• Gives you inner satisfaction by making people look good. You bring happiness to people.
• It allows you to experiment with your creative ideas.
• Results are fast
• You can meet famous people and visit new places.
• This profession provides flexible working hours.
Cons of being a makeup artist
• No work schedule
• The competition is very tough
• Many people think that people in this profession are “good at nothing”.
• It takes time to develop a career in this profession
• It takes time to build your customer network.
How to become a makeup artist?
It is not necessary to have a formal degree in makeup artistry. You can become a makeup artist by learning the techniques on your own or you can go to a beauty school or work for a cosmetics company. If you want to learn it on your own, a lot of ongoing research is needed. You must realize what kind of makeup is in fashion. You should read books on the art of makeup, and understand the different styles. To train yourself, you can try the art of makeup with your friends. A certified makeup artist is always preferred over others. Therefore, there are many cosmetology schools that offer the necessary certifications. Here you will get formal education and training for this profession which will be very beneficial in the long run. By working for a cosmetics company, you will be exposed to different beauty products and their uses. You will also get the chance to apply makeup to your customers.
There are many courses available such as part-time make-up. Fashion and photography. theatre, media, and special effects; Diploma in Fashion, Theater and Media Beauty.
It is very easy to become a makeup artist but if you want to master this art then take as many makeup courses as possible. It will enhance your skills. This profession is very rewarding and in high demand. Today everyone wants to look beautiful.